What makes RM different to other Manchester HMO management agencies?
Railton-Meeks have many years under their belt managing HMO properties, this type of property requires more general involvement than any other letting type. They need to be managed efficiently and tightly to ensure happy tenants and a property which remains in good condition.
We are the only HMO specialist in Manchester.
With additional sharers comes more active tenant management and often a higher turnover, not with RM – we ensure tenants are happy and feel like both themselves and the property are being cared for. We actively encourage them to help with viewings and choose somebody who will fit within the house, which is very important with professional HMO’s. The property will typically require more repairs than a single let, and the communal area is also generally the responsibility of the landlord and/or the managing agent; however, we encourage our tenants to be proactive in keeping the property in good condition, and take responsibility of many general repairs. Our agreements reflect this.
You will receive our personable one to one service, and we will manage your property like one of our own.
Furthermore, shared properties/ HMOs are subject to a great deal of legislation which can be a true mine field for someone just starting out in property investment.
Railton-Meeks HMO management includes the following in addition to regular management essentials.
- Liaison with the local authorities to ensure the HMO is licensed correctly if required.
- Advice on any works required to ensure compliance with amenity, space and fire regulations as laid down by the Housing Act 2004.
- If appropriate, we will instruct our trusted supplier to conduct a fire risk assessment which will be reviewed annually. (additional cost)
- Close relationships with the Local Authority, educational establishments and major local employers to ensure rapid lettings to tenants and minimise room void periods.
- Monthly inspections to ensure your tenants are treating the fabric of the building with respect.
- Management practices to ensure the legal requirements are maintained in accordance with the “Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation Regulations 2006” Act.
- Advice on licensing, Article 4 and planning permissions.
HMO management fee 12% of the rent received. Re-letting fee £150.00 per room. Please telephone to discuss your exact requirements.
We understand that every HMO will be unique in its requirements and management workload. If in the South Manchester area our fees are flexible.