e-commerce currency conversion Our tenant application information FAQ | Property Management & Lettings

Tenant Info

Tenant Application Forms & Information
for Professional and Student accommodation in Manchester.

In some instance we may require you to have a guarantor, perhaps your credit rating isn’t great, or you are a student – then we would need you to have a UK based home owner guarantor.

Holding deposits
We always require a holding deposit, to take the property off the market, this is always one weeks rent, it is deducted from the overall deposit. This is generally non-refundable, as this is your commitment to take the property, as we will have taken the property off the market and ceased doing viewings. Unless there are unforeseen circumstances at either end.

All paperwork will be carried out on line, we use an electronic service called ‘E-sign’. This saves time and paper.

All payments are made by BACS or bill payment on line. We do not have a credit card machine. However, we can take cash if totally necessary, a receipt will be provided.

On the day of check-in, you will be provided with a photographic inventory. You will be required to read through this and add any comments you may have. The meter readings will be contained within it. You will be provided with a copy, and attached will be the current gas safety certificate (if applicable).

Each property including carpets which will be professional cleaned. It is our priority that you are happy with the condition of the property, in particular the cleaning. We request that any issues are reported immediately to us by email in the event you are not entirely satisfied.

Utility Bills
Tenants can choose whichever supplier they think offers them the best deal.  However we would like to be informed of the supplier and the contact details for our records.

Vouch – our referencing service, can offer our tenants an option to transfer the utility bills to Homeshift, who offer competitive prices and the added benefit of having all the supplies under one roof.


RM endeavour to instruct the relevant tradesperson to your maintenance issue within the same day, to help us do this we request that all issues be emailed using our tenant maintenance form.

Most maintenance issues can be resolved in house by one of our maintenance team. You will get to know them, and they are trustworthy and considerate. Once you have reported a maintenance job, we will update you by email, and let you know by text when they will be arriving. In most instances you do not need to be in, and we will give keys.

Lost Keys/Access due to lost keys
Although our endeavour is to have a good working relationship with our tenants, we draw the line at letting you in to your property in the middle of the night when you have locked yourself out! However, during the day or early evening and at weekends, if you require assistance we will help. We have a standard call out fee of £30.00, new keys are charged at £15.00 each (this includes the key and the time involved). On bank holidays the call out charge is £50.00.

Fair usage Policy
House shares/HMO’s with Bills included.  We have a fair usage policy in place, please click here for this information.

Late Payments
Rent is due on the 1st of each month when you first move in and will be charged pro-rata. Each person is given a few days’ grace with regards to late payments. We would request that you inform RM if there are any issues, so we can work with you, to avoid late payment charges. Any late rent without prior notification, will result in a late payment fee of £25.00 per month – as per our agreement.

At the time you hand in your notice, we will provide you with information relating to cleaning and a cost sheet of items which may need to be deducted.

At check-out we will require the property to be professionally cleaned, and you are welcome to book our cleaners, and carpet cleaners. If you use your own, we would need to see the invoice. All keys need to be returned. We will carry out a full check sheet and compare against the inventory. Any issues will be emailed to you, along with the meter readings. We require proof of all paid bills or proof that you have transferred any debt to your new address. Once we have received this, we can arrange the release of your deposit by the DPS.


Railton-Meeks use Vouch referencing.


Get available property updates from Railton-Meeks